SVT Software LLC
Loan Calculator Pro is an easy to use financial calculator. Within seconds, you will be able to calculate the monthly payment for different types of fixed rate loans such as home mortgage, auto, and credit card. You can calculate "what if" scenarios to determine how additional monthly and yearly payment will help you to pay off your loan earlier and save money in interest. In addition, you can use Loan Calculator Pro to track all your extra payments at any amount and at any point in the life of your loan.
Loan Calculator Pro goes a step further and lets you save and organize your various loans in the Favorites list so you do not have to enter the information over each time. Special attention was also given to the user interface to make it as clean, intuitive, and easy to use as possible.
To save a loan, touch on the 'Save As' button. Then enter a name for the loan and touch on the 'Save' button.
Touch on the 'Favorites' button to view the loans you have saved.
To view the amortization table for a loan, touch on the 'Amortization' button on the bottom right. The application will then display the payment schedule for the loan.
To change the name or set the start date of a loan, go to the 'Favorites' view and then touch on the blue button to the right of the loan name. Finally, edit the loan name / start date and touch on the 'Save' button.
Touch on the 'Calculator' button, then enter the loan amount, number of years or months in the length field, and the interest rate. Touch on the 'Done' button and the monthly payment amount will be calculated instantly for you.
To update an existing loan, go to the 'Favorites' view and select a loan you want to update. Then update one or more fields of the loan. You will need to touch on the 'Done' button after updating each field.
Follow the steps below:
1. Select the Amortization tab to go to the Amortization screen.
2. Touch on the '+' button to add a one time prepayment.
3. Enter the amount and select the payment number that the extra principle it to be applied to.
4. Finally, touch on the 'Save' button to save the prepayment.
To edit a prepayment, go to the Amortization screen and touch on the 'Edit' button. Next touch on the blue button to the right of the payment entry with the prepayment. Finally edit the prepayment amount and touch on the 'Save' button.
To delete a prepayment, go to the Amortization screen and touch on the 'Edit' button. Next touch on the red minus button to the left of the payment with the prepayment entry and touch on the 'Delete' confirmation button. Finally, touch on the 'Done' button to complete.
Loan Calculator Pro now supports backup and restore via the iTunes files sharing interface. Your iPhone or iPod Touch must have iOS 3.2 or higher for this feature to be available.
Steps for Backup
1. Launch iTunes on your computer. Please refer to the screen shot above as necessary.
2. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to the computer via USB cable.
3. From the left pane of the iTunes window, select the device's name under the DEVICES grouping.
4. Next, select the "Apps" tab from top of the iTunes window and scroll down to the "File Sharing" section.
5. Select the Loan Calculator Pro app from the Apps list and then select the "loan.sql" file from the Loan Calculator Pro Documents list.
6. Finally, click on the "Save to..." button on the bottom of the Loan Calculator Pro Documents list.
7. Choose a directory to save the "loan.sql" database file. You will need to remember where this file is located on your computer in order to use it for a future restore.
Steps for Restoring
1. To restore the Loan Calculator Pro database with the "loan.sql" file that was previously saved on your computer, please perform steps 1 to 5 from the section above.
2. Next, drag the "loan.sql" file to the "Loan Calculator Pro Documents" list pane to perform the restore. You can also use the "Add..." button to select the file for restore.
Still need more help? Please view other questions and answers or post your own question via our Facebook forum.
Copyright 2008 - 2012 SVT Software LLC. All rights reserved.
SVT Software LLC