SVT Software LLC
iCloud is a storage and sync service from Apple Inc. The Accounts 2 and Ace Budget 3 app utilize the iCloud service to copy and sync data across multiple iOS devices. The iCloud sync feature is available for devices with iOS 5.0 or above.
To enable iCloud sync, you will need to do the following steps:
1. If you are currently using the email transaction sharing feature, then you will need to turn it OFF. Please see the last FAQ question below if you need additional detail.
2. From your primary device, go to the app's Settings screen and select the 'iCloud Sync' option.
3. Select the 'Upload Database to iCloud' to upload your data from the primary device so that it can be copied to all the iOS devices that you want to sync with.
4. Once the the upload has completed from your primary device, go ahead and set the 'Enable iCloud Sync' switch to 'ON'.
5. From your secondary device, go to the Settings screen and select the 'iCloud Sync' option.
6. Tap on the 'Download Database from iCloud' option to download the data you previously uploaded to iCloud from your primary device.
7. Select 'Yes' to indicate that you will allow the local database to be replaced with the one from iCloud.
8. Follow the prompt and turn ON the 'Enable iCloud Sync' switch to begin the download process.
9. At this point, verify that you have iCloud Sync option set to 'Enabled' for all your devices.
To ensure that all devices start off with the same data for syncing, you will need to launch the app and go to the Settings screen. From the Settings screen, select the 'iCloud Sync' option and turn it OFF. Next, follow the directions on the screen to upload your database from the primary device to iCloud. Findally, download the database from iCloud onto your secondary device.
Once you have the same set of data on all your devices, ensure that the 'iCloud Sync' option is Enabled on ALL devices.
* Make sure all your device are on the same iOS version. For example a devices with iOS 6 may not sync properly with a device having iOS 7. So make sure they are both iOS 6 or both iOS 7.
*Go to the Settings screen of the app and verify that the 'iCloud Sync' option is set to 'Enabled' for all your devices.
* You must have an active iCloud Account with Apple in order for the app's iCloud sync feature to work. For the app data to be shared, all your devices must be logged on to the SAME iCloud account. If you do not already have iCloud setup, then please follow this link to setup up iCloud on all your devices to be synced.
* You must have a network connection in order to send and receive data from iCloud. Also, your app must be running in the foreground for data to be downloaded from iCloud.
* You must perform the initial upload of your data from the primary device and then download that data to all your secondary devices in order for each data records to have the same unique id for iCloud sync to work.
* iCloud sync can take up to several minutes, depending on the network connection and performance of Apple's iCloud servers. Please be patience and allow plenty of time for data to be synced across all your devices.
* Transactions that are triggered by the recurring feature will not be synced if you make changes to them. So if you make a changed to an automatically created transaction, you will need to make the same change on all the devices.
* Once the 'iCloud Sync' is enabled, you will need to disable it in order to see the 'Upload Database to iCloud' and 'Download Database from iCloud' options.
Launch the Accounts 2 or Ace Budget 3 app. Go to the app's Settings screen and toggle the 'Enable iCloud Sync' option to OFF then back to ON. Finally, re-test to see if the app's sync feature is working again.
If problem is still not resolved after doing the above, then please try clearing out the Accounts 2's temporary document from iCloud. This is done via the iPhone's settings: Settings->iCloud->Storage->Manage Storage->Accounts 2. Tap on the Edit button and select 'Delete All' to delete all the documents and data for the Accounts 2 app. Then do an overall sync between devices.
If you have the Ace Budget 3 app, then do the same step above, except where the Accounts 2 appears, replace it with Ace Budget 3.
Copyright 2008 - 2014 SVT Software LLC. All rights reserved.
SVT Software LLC